Teachers,

Please read the following announcement prepared by Hope Carter with information regarding a Community Service Project organized by the Area II Officer Team:

The Area II FFA officer team has worked diligently to plan a community service project to collect care packages for soldiers with the help of the Blue Star Mothers North Metro Atlanta chapter. Attached are 3 flyers that will provide information for your chapter to participate in this worthy cause.

Barn Dance - March 25

Proceeds from this event will help with postage costs of sending items overseas. Please RSVP for the dance by emailing Stan Mitchell no later than Friday, March 18. Include the number of students you plan to bring. See the flyer for more details.

Collection Drive - until April 12

Please begin collecting items in your classrooms and bring those items to the Area 2 Teachers Meeting on April 12. A complete list of acceptable items as well as a step-by-step guide and helpful hints for making this a successful project are attached.

The Blue Star Mothers of America Organization is one of the oldest and most respected military support organizations in the U.S. Their main goal is to support the many sons and daughters serving our country abroad and at home. While their own children are blessed with families who can send them support through boxes, cards, letters and emails, there are many young men and women serving today, who, for whatever reason, lack this emotional connection while far from home. Often, a simple care package with goodies from home can bring great joy to our brave service men and women. The organization also strives to tend to families who have lost children in the line of duty and support veterans and their families wherever and whenever needed. Blue Star mothers are those who have a child serving in our military. Silver Star mothers have had a child wounded while serving, and Gold Star mothers are moms that have lost a child during combat.

I encourage all of you to rally your troops to participate in this community service project. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Area 2 President Newt Gilman ([log in to unmask]), Hope Carter or Stan Mitchell.
--
Stan Mitchell
North Region Coordinator