From: John Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:45 AM
Subject: last week in Perry -- (another request for help)
To: [log in to unmask]

I really enjoyed getting see so many Ag. Teachers and FFA Members  last week
at the Georgia Jr. Livestock Show. One of the many highlights of the week
(other than not being in Atlanta) was having the opportunity to visit with
several Representatives of the House Ag. Committee as they were given a tour
of the facilities. I can assure you that they were all very impressed with
the activity, involvement, and skill at which you and your students
displayed.Once again, it made me truly proud to be a part of such an awesome
group of dedicated people in agricultural education. Driving home from that
event, I was thinking of all the great compliments and positive remarks that
was said about our students, our teachers, and the entire activity. Is there
any way to make the impact event greater????? One idea that comes to mind
requires your help -- so here is my attempt get the most out of the event.

1. Please have every student that participated in the Georgia Jr. Livestock
Show write a "Thank-You" letter to your State Senator & State
Representative. (Hand Written is best). Please make sure they include
appreciation for supporting the Georgia National Fairgrounds - Agricenter in
Perry, as well as Agricultural Education programs and activities.  Have the
students turn the letters in to you so that you can proof them and make sure
they get mailed to the correct location.

2. Before mailing the Student Thank-You letters -- Please make a copy and
send a copy of each letter to me. You can mail, fax, or scan & e-mail these
-- I just need a copy so that I can share them with the leadership at the
Georgia National Fair.

3. I would consider this "time-Sensative" -- so if I can have all copies to
me no later than Tuesday - March 8, 2011 I will put them together in a
binder and share them with the Georgia National Fair.

I realize not everyone was participating last week -- but if you have ever
taken students to Georgia National Fair (horticulture display, forestry
display, floral design contest, tractor driving, lawnmower driving, etc...
 You could have those students write a letter as well)

This is something that will not take a lot of time and students could
complete during class -- So I hope we get outstanding participation in this
request. (there were nearly 1000 FFA members showing in the State Livestock
Show last week) -- but I really need your help to make it happen.

As Always, I appreciate the great work that you are doing. Never forget that
YOU are so important. Each of you have a tremendous chance each day to make
a positive difference in a students life. What you are doing right now can
make a better tomorrow.

Best Regards,

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education