I hope all of you are doing well today. This year is flying by and I don't
want you to miss anything, so, please keep in mind the following important
reminders.

*State FFA Convention Registration*
Registration for State Convention is being conducted online. The site will
close at 5:00 pm on April 8th. After this time, the only option will be to
register on site and pay an increased amount. I know many of you will be or
are already on Spring Break. Be careful not to let this date slip up on you.

*FFA Membership*
As of today, our State FFA membership is 28,717. As a region, we
are just 391 fewer members than last year. We all have until April 1 to add
members to our rosters and have them count toward 100% membership. Our
program standard for membership is 80%. If you are not yet at 80%, please
work hard to add members. If you are already above 80%, shoot for 100%. Make
sure the new members are added online and that the check for dues is
postmarked by April 1st. Your ability to increase FFA membership year after
year in the midst of furlough days, budget cuts, class key requirements, and
everything else going on is a testament to your desire to give your students
the opportunity to participate in the world's best youth organization.
Thanks for all you do.

*American FFA Degrees*
American FFA Degree applications are due to the Region Office on April 1st.
This is an area where we could stand a lot of improvement. While Georgia is
third in the nation in total FFA membership, we are far from third in total
American FFA Degree recipients. The American Degree is the pinnacle
of achievement for any FFA member and is truly indicative of having been a
member of a quality FFA program. The American Degree is the finish line, and
to usher students across this line says that you have provided every
opportunity that FFA has to offer. As an Advisor, this should be your
proudest moment. If you have students that qualify, please help them submit
an application. If you have never filled out an American Degree application
and need help, please call the Region Office.

*Middle School Record Books*
Middle School Record books are due to the Region Office on April 1st.  We
have some already but be sure to get these in to highlight your students
achievements.

*Area Teachers Meetings*
Please put on your calendar the dates for the Area 3 & 4 Teachers
Meetings. The Area 4 meeting will be held at Swainsboro High starting at
4:30 on April 12 and the Area 3 meeting will be held in the Pettigrew Center
at Fort Valley State starting at 4:30 on April 14. I look forward to seeing
you all there.

Thank you for all you do on a daily basis, lets continue to strive to be the
BEST and keep the Central Region on top.

Chris Corzine
Georgia Department of Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Dr.