I hope all of you are doing well today. This year is flying by and I don't want you to miss anything, so, please keep in mind the following important reminders.

State FFA Convention Registration
Registration for State Convention is being conducted online. The site will close at 5:00 pm on April 8th. After this time, the only option will be to register on site and pay an increased amount. I know many of you will be or are already on Spring Break. Be careful not to let this date slip up on you.

FFA Membership
As of today, our State FFA membership is 28,717. As a region, we are just 391 fewer members than last year. We all have until April 1 to add members to our rosters and have them count toward 100% membership. Our program standard for membership is 80%. If you are not yet at 80%, please work hard to add members. If you are already above 80%, shoot for 100%. Make sure the new members are added online and that the check for dues is postmarked by April 1st. Your ability to increase FFA membership year after year in the midst of furlough days, budget cuts, class key requirements, and everything else going on is a testament to your desire to give your students the opportunity to participate in the world's best youth organization. Thanks for all you do.

American FFA Degrees
American FFA Degree applications are due to the Region Office on April 1st. This is an area where we could stand a lot of improvement. While Georgia is third in the nation in total FFA membership, we are far from third in total American FFA Degree recipients. The American Degree is the pinnacle of achievement for any FFA member and is truly indicative of having been a member of a quality FFA program. The American Degree is the finish line, and to usher students across this line says that you have provided every opportunity that FFA has to offer. As an Advisor, this should be your proudest moment. If you have students that qualify, please help them submit an application. If you have never filled out an American Degree application and need help, please call the Region Office.

Middle School Record Books
Middle School Record books are due to the Region Office on April 1st.  We have some already but be sure to get these in to highlight your students achievements.

Area Teachers Meetings
Please put on your calendar the dates for the Area 3 & 4 Teachers Meetings. The Area 4 meeting will be held at Swainsboro High starting at 4:30 on April 12 and the Area 3 meeting will be held in the Pettigrew Center at Fort Valley State starting at 4:30 on April 14. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Thank you for all you do on a daily basis, lets continue to strive to be the BEST and keep the Central Region on top.

Chris Corzine
Georgia Department of Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Dr.