Teachers

Many of you have students who have qualified to participate in one of the 13 state CDEs being held this coming weekend at Super Saturday, March 19, at the FFA/FCCLA Center in Covington. If you have participants involved in Super Saturday, please be sure to read this email.

Lodging
Overnight lodging is available at the FFA/FCCLA Center on Friday, March 18. Those who would like to stay on Friday night at the Camp should call ahead to reserve space. Please do not just show up without making a reservation. The Camp personnel will do that they can to accommodate you, but they need to know that you're coming. To make reservations, contact Mr. Russel Towns at  (770) 786-6926 ext 1, or by email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Prices for the weekend are below. Please be prepared.

Lodging (bring your own linens, pillow, towels) - $12 per person
Lodging (camp provides linens, pillow, towels) - $17 per person

Meals
The Camp will serve breakfast and lunch on Saturday, March 19. If you plan to participate in either (or both) meals, please make the Camp aware of that as well. It will be important for the Camp to know how many are planning to eat so that they can prepare enough food. You can help them be prepared by confirming your meal count.  The cost for meals (breakfast and lunch on 3/19) is $6 per meal.

Meeting Space
Many of you who arrive on Friday night like to find a quiet place to practice and hold team meetings. As you find your team meeting place, I encourage you to remember that the staff members responsible for each event work hard to provide a fair process in each event. Our staff will come in on Friday to start preparing CDE sites for competition.  I ask that you be respectful of the fact that these rooms are being used for State CDEs that impact not only your students, but hundreds of others. Please help us insure the integrity of each CDE by not utilizing this space on Friday night. Below is a list of meeting space being used for CDEs.

-Shop (Ag Mechanics)
-Old Craft Shop (Job Interview)
-Georgia Power & Craft Shop (Ag Communications)
-Walters Hall (Farm Business Management & ENR)
-Mobley Hall (Floriculture & N/L)
-Basement of Mobley Hall (Floral Design)
-Basement of Dining Hall (Parliamentary Procedure)

Agenda
If you have not heard from the Superintendent of your respective CDE, please contact them right away. Each CDE has its own agenda on Saturday. It would be a shame for your students to have their opportunity at a state CDE negatively impacted due to a lack of communication. Please be sure that you are clear on exactly when and where to be, and be sure that you understand how the state CDE will be coordinated. Occasionally, the state level of our CDEs involve more parts than the Area level events. I encourage you know what those details are. Below is a list of Superintendents for each Super Saturday CDE.

-Ag Mechanics (Von Peavy)
-Ag Communications (Ben Lastly)
-Environmental/Natural Resources (John Allen Bailey)
-Farm Business Management (Stan Mitchell)
-Floral Design (Melissa Riley)
-Floriculture (Eddie McKie)
-Job Interview (Hope Carter)
-Nursery/Landscape (Dr. Teri Hamlin)
-Parliamentary Procedure (Chip Bridges)

If you have questions about Super Saturday, please do not hesitate to give me a call. Please travel safely. Good luck to each of you and yours students!

Ben

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association