Good Morning North Region Teachers,

February is over. I want to take time to thank each one of you for your
cooperation meeting the enrollment, proficiency, State Degree, National
Chapter, and State Officer application deadlines while also celebrating FFA
week and taking record numbers of students to Perry. ongratulations to all
of our finalists and please ask for help if you need it preparing those
applications for State competition. I know the numbness may not have worn
off yet, but I want to remind you of Mr. Bridges' email and ask for your
help one more time.  If you took students to Perry, please try  to help out
with the request below. There were many legislators in Perry this year and
they were all impressed with the dedication and committment of our teachers
and students as well as the value the livestock programs adds to our
program. A follow up thank you from these same students would be icing on
the cake and a huge encouragement to their continued support of our program.

Thank you for your help and for all that you do. Mr. Bridges email is
attached in case you lost it.

Stan

I really enjoyed getting see so many Ag. Teachers and FFA Members  last week
at the Georgia Jr. Livestock Show. One of the many highlights of the week
(other than not being in Atlanta) was having the opportunity to visit with
several Representatives of the House Ag. Committee as they were given a tour
of the facilities. I can assure you that they were all very impressed with
the activity, involvement, and skill at which you and your students
displayed.Once again, it made me truly proud to be a part of such an awesome
group of dedicated people in agricultural education. Driving home from that
event, I was thinking of all the great compliments and positive remarks that
was said about our students, our teachers, and the entire activity. Is there
any way to make the impact event greater????? One idea that comes to mind
requires your help -- so here is my attempt get the most out of the event.

1. Please have every student that participated in the Georgia Jr. Livestock
Show write a "Thank-You" letter to your State Senator & State
Representative. (Hand Written is best). Please make sure they include
appreciation for supporting the Georgia National Fairgrounds - Agricenter in
Perry, as well as Agricultural Education programs and activities.  Have the
students turn the letters in to you so that you can proof them and make sure
they get mailed to the correct location.

2. Before mailing the Student Thank-You letters -- Please make a copy and
send a copy of each letter to me. You can mail, fax, or scan & e-mail these
-- I just need a copy so that I can share them with the leadership at the
Georgia National Fair.

3. I would consider this "time-Sensative" -- so if I can have all copies to
me no later than Tuesday - March 8, 2011 I will put them together in a
binder and share them with the Georgia National Fair.

I realize not everyone was participating last week -- but if you have ever
taken students to Georgia National Fair (horticulture display, forestry
display, floral design contest, tractor driving, lawnmower driving, etc...
You could have those students write a letter as well)

This is something that will not take a lot of time and students could
complete during class -- So I hope we get outstanding participation in this
request. (there were nearly 1000 FFA members showing in the State Livestock
Show last week) -- but I really need your help to make it happen.

As Always, I appreciate the great work that you are doing. Never forget that
YOU are so important. Each of you have a tremendous chance each day to make
a positive difference in a students life. What you are doing right now can
make a better tomorrow.

Best Regards,

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education