I know that all of you have seen the email below from Mr. Bridges (below)
about the importance of sending thank you notes to your senator or
representative thanking them for their support of the State Livestock Show
as well as the Ga. National Fairgrounds and Agricenter. I know that it seems
like your head is spinning this time of year with everything that's going
on, but this is something that should take a priority. I encourage each of
you to take the time to have your students who show livestock do this. Let's
work hard and have our legislators from the South Region get a ton of thank
you letters!

My entry into Ag Education and FFA was not through a CDE or leadership
event. It was through a half-crazed F1 Brahman heifer that my ag teacher
helped me get to show as part of my SAE project. It was this livestock
project that got me involved in the agriculture education program and later
lead me down the path to CDEs and leadership activities. I guess you could
say that the path I have taken in life could be traced back to this show
heifer (she was also wild enough that she helped my prayer life as well :-)
). I know that there are many students who have come through our programs
who probably have been started on the road to success by way of the
showring. This is why it is very important that you have your students
follow up on this so that we can continue to have these opportunities in the
future.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

 Lynn Barber
South Region Agricultural Education Coordinator
Georgia Department of Education
ABAC 34, 2802 Moore Hwy.
Tifton, GA 31794
229-386-3428