I hope all of you are doing well today. It is certainly a hectic time of
year and I don't want to bombard you with more to do; however, please keep
in mind the following important reminders.

*State FFA Convention Registration*
Registration for State Convention is being conducted online. The site will
close at 5:00 pm on April 8th. After this time, the only option will be to
register on site and pay an increased amount. I know many of you will be or
are already on Spring Break. Be careful not to let this date slip up on you.

*FFA Membership*
As of today, our State FFA membership is 28,717. As a region, we are just
220 fewer members than last year. We all have until April 1 to add members
to our rosters and have them count toward 100% membership. Our program
standard for membership is 80%. If you are not yet at 80%, please work hard
to add members. If you are already above 80%, shoot for 100%. Make sure the
new members are added online and that the check for dues is postmarked by
April 1st. Your ability to increase FFA membership year after year in the
midst of furlough days, budget cuts, class key requirements, and everything
else going on is a testament to your desire to give your students the
opportunity to participate in the world's best youth organization. Thanks
for all you do.

*American FFA Degrees*
American FFA Degree applications are due to the Region Office on April 1st.
This is an area where we could stand a lot of improvement. While Georgia is
third in the nation in total FFA membership, we are far from third in total
American FFA Degree recipients. The American Degree is the pinnacle
of achievement for any FFA member and is truly indicative of having been a
member of a quality FFA program. The American Degree is the finish line, and
to usher students across this line says that you have provided every
opportunity that FFA has to offer. As an Advisor, this should be your
proudest moment. If you have students that qualify, please help them submit
an application. If you have never filled out an American Degree application
and need help, please call the Region Office.

Former National FFA Officer Fred McClure once said that "FFA is like an
orange---you have to squeeze it to get something out of it". Thanks for
helping your students "squeeze" so many opportunities from FFA and
Ag Education!

Lynn Barber
Georgia Department of Education
ABAC 34, 2802 Moore Hwy.