Greetings from ISL! The following are events and opportunities for the week of March 1st - March 6th, 2011

       I.            International Street Festival - Registration Open

    II.            Global Leadership Institute - Third seminar tonight!

 III.             International Coffee Hour

 IV.            African Night - This Saturday!

**************************************

 I. International Street Festival - Performance and Table Display Registration Now Open!

Help Bring the World to Athens!

This year, International Student Life will be hosting the 13th Annual International Street Festival on Saturday, April 9th, 2011 from 12 – 5 p.m. in downtown Athens.

We are working hard to pull off a very successful festival for the UGA and Athens communities that will showcase a variety of talents which reflect the world’s diverse cultures. We are now inviting organizations and/or individuals to submit applications to be considered to perform or have a table display during the International Street Festival.

Attached are the applications. Please fill them out and email to [log in to unmask] or return to the ISL Office, 210A Memorial Hall, by March 21st, 2011 at 5 p.m.

We are very excited about this year’s International Street Festival, and we hope that you will be able to participate and help make this the best International Street Festival thus far.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email [log in to unmask] or phone the ISL Office at (706) 542-5867.

Thank you,

Street Festival Planning Committee

**************************************

II.  Global Leadership Institute – Third Seminar tonight!

International Student Life is excited to announce the Spring 2011 Global Leadership Institute. The Global Leadership Institute is a series internationally-focused seminars that facilitate opportunities for students to enhance a variety of global competencies. Any currently enrolled student can participate in the seminars and there is no need to register. Students attending three or more seminars are eligible to receive a Global Leadership Certificate. There is no cost for this program.

The third seminar is tonight, Tuesday, March 1st, in MLC 250 from 5:30-7:00 p.m.. The topic is Middle Eastern leadership and history.

Future seminars:

Seminar 4: March 8 in MLC 250 from 5:30-7:00

If you have further questions, please contact ISL:
Danielle Alexander
Ph 706-542-5867

 *************************************

III.  International Coffee Hour

Hosted by the Caribbean Student Association

Meet others and learn about cultures from all over the world while sampling international cuisine and local coffee.

Friday, March 4th, 2011

11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Memorial Hall Ballroom

For more information, contact: 706.542.5867

Saturday, March 5th, 2011, 6:30 p.m.

Hugh Hodgson Hall (in the Performing Arts Center)

$5 for students, $7 for non-students

Tickets are currently available for purchase at the Tate Student Center or will be available for purchase at the door.

**************************************
International Student Life
University of Georgia
210 Memorial Hall
Athens, Georgia 30602-3108  USA

Phone:  706-542-5867
Fax:  706-583-0006
Email:  [log in to unmask]

Leigh Poole, Director

Ashley Wichman, Assistant Director

Jackie Minus, Administrative Assistant

Laura Stiltz, Graduate Assistant for Organizations and Non-Resident Taxes

Stacie Walker, Graduate Assistant for Coffee Hour