As most of you are already aware, Blane Marable, North Region's Area Forestry Teacher, retired from his position effective March 31st after an outstanding career spent serving the teachers and students of North Region.

I want to take the opportunity to publicly thank Mr. Marable and commend him for his years of service and his commitment to Ag Education. Blane served the students and communities in Greene, Barrow, and Morgan Counties as an Agriculture teacher and FFA Advisor before coming to the Region Office as the Area Forestry Teacher. As an Agriculture Teacher, Blane enjoyed the type of success we would all aspire to have. His Chapters produced numerous State CDE winners, State Officers, and State and American Degree recipients. While in the Region Office, Blane was instrumental in fostering the growth of the Governors Honors Program and the Georgia FFA Alumni.

Thank you, Mr. Marable, for the experiences and opportunities you have made possible both in the classroom and in the CDE arena. You have influenced the lives of many and North Region will reap the benefits of your contributions for years to come. We wish you the best of luck and pray that you will enjoy your retirement to the fullest degree. We also look forward to your continued involvement in the Ag Ed program as a retired teacher.

Sincerely,
Stan Mitchell

--
Stan Mitchell