First of all, I want to express my sincere thanks for the cooperation and
professionalism that each of you exhibited throughout the entire program
review process. I know I speak for all of the North Region Office when I say
that we respect and admire the jobs you do and the time you commit to the
students in your programs. I hope that each of you are able to reflect on
the process and search for areas of your program you would like to improve
as well as  areas that make you very proud. Focus on the latter. There were
far more of these than there were weaknesses.

Secondly, I want to thank all of you who attended the Area Teachers Meetings
last week and especially Mrs. Lastly and Mr. Casteel for their unmatched
hospitality in hosting these events. Believe it or not, we collected over
1700 pounds of can tabs that cashed in at $817.42. The man at the recycling
center was in total shock and had to call all of his recycling buddies to
see if they had ever heard of such a thing. This will make a wonderful
contribution to the Blue Star Mothers Organization. Northwest Whitfield
clearly pops more tops than any county in the State with an amazing 500+
pounds all by themselves. After reimbursing myself for the gas required to
haul a ton of can tabs from Cartersville to Athens, there was just over $27
left. I'm kidding.

Don't Forget to:

   - impress upon your students the need to be properly dressed and
   respectful during the convention
   - let me know if you are interested in participating in an Industry
   Certification workshop this summer
   - share your review and plan of improvement with your CTAE Director
   - fill out your POW by May 1
   - send me any comments or suggestions you have in regards to the CDE
   scheduling plan
   - encourage your Alumni to send a representative to the Alumni Convention

Thanks again for all that you do and I look forward to visiting with each of
you during the Convention,

Stan

Stan Mitchell
North Region Coordinator