Congratulations to each team that competed in the Area 2 Forestry CDE yesterday at UGA. We had 15 teams compete and a good day of competition. Special thanks to all of the Georgia Forestry Commission personnel who took time out of their busy schedules to serve as judges, the Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources for hosting the event, and to the student ambassadors from Warnell as well as Ag. Education students, Mr. Jimmie Mock, Mr. Bill Lott, Kathrine Bell, Stan Mitchell, Christa Steinkamp and Mr. Josh Allen for their assistance. Teachers the awards are sponsored by the Green Morgan County Forest Landowners Association. It would be very appropriate if you could send them a thank you letter from your students.

The top three teams will represent Area 2 at the State Forestry Field Day on Wednesday, May 4 2011. Mr. John Allen Bailey will be contacting each of you with the details. The rosters have been checked and the results are official. The results are:

Banks County High - First place
Jefferson City FFA - Second
Stephens County High - Third

Please contact me if I may be of any assistance as you prepare for the State CDE. The official scores are attached. I will get the contact information for the Green Morgan Forest Landowners Association to you ASAP.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher