Congratulations to all of the teams representing Area 1 in the Forestry CDE held at Taylor Farm on Wednesday, April 13. Special thanks to Taylor Farm for hosting us again this year and thanks to all of the Georgia Forestry Commission personnel as well as Mr. Bill Lott, Mr. Jimmie Mock and Mr. Stan Mitchell for their help in conducting the event. The rosters have been checked and the results are official. The top three teams will represent Area 1 at the State Forestry CDE in Swainsboro on May 4, 2011. Mr. John Allen Bailey will contact each team with further information.

1st Place - Gilmer County
2nd Place - Dawson County
3rd Place Heritage High School

A complete summary of the individual scores is attached. If I can help in any way as you prepare for the state CDE please let me know.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher