First of all, I want to express my sincere thanks for the cooperation and professionalism that each of you exhibited throughout the entire program review process. I know I speak for all of the North Region Office when I say that we respect and admire the jobs you do and the time you commit to the students in your programs. I hope that each of you are able to reflect on the process and search for areas of your program you would like to improve as well as  areas that make you very proud. Focus on the latter. There were far more of these than there were weaknesses.

Secondly, I want to thank all of you who attended the Area Teachers Meetings last week and especially Mrs. Lastly and Mr. Casteel for their unmatched hospitality in hosting these events. Believe it or not, we collected over 1700 pounds of can tabs that cashed in at $817.42. The man at the recycling center was in total shock and had to call all of his recycling buddies to see if they had ever heard of such a thing. This will make a wonderful contribution to the Blue Star Mothers Organization. Northwest Whitfield clearly pops more tops than any county in the State with an amazing 500+ pounds all by themselves. After reimbursing myself for the gas required to haul a ton of can tabs from Cartersville to Athens, there was just over $27 left. I'm kidding.

Don't Forget to:

Thanks again for all that you do and I look forward to visiting with each of you during the Convention,

Stan

Stan Mitchell
North Region Coordinator
Agricultural Education