The Region Junior Natural Resources and Area V Forestry CDE was held
yesterday at Reed Bingham State Park in Adel. Thanks to our sponsors
Flatwoods SAF, Derek Herring, and CSX Transportation.

Additionally, thanks to our facilitators: Buddy Coleman, Aaron Norman, Kenny
Meeks, Ricky Smith, Derek Herring, Will Warren, Steve Lynn, Kenny Vining,
Jeff Fariss, Glenn Williams, Travis Ingram, Franklin Staten, Greg Mathis,
Randy Folsom, Dutch McElvey, Eddie McKie, Von Peavy, Tommy Waldrop, Lynn
Barber, Anthony Booth, David Berryhill, and the Cook and Brooks County
Georgia Forestry Commission Office.

We had 177 students from 19 chapters competed in the JNR CDE. The top two
teams from each area will represent the South Region on Saturday May 7th in
Athens, Ga. at the state competition.

Area V JNR CDE

First Place - Irwin County Middle, Advisor Chris Paulk / 755 points

Second Place - C.A. Gray Junior High, Advisor Matthew Howell / 750 points

Area VI JNR CDE

First Place  Appling County High, Advisor Van Mills / 884

Second Place - Brantley County High, Advisor Chad Crews / 888 points

Fifty-five students from 5 chapters competed in the Forestry CDE. The top
three teams from Area V will represent the South Region on Wednesday
May 4thin Swainsboro, Ga. at the state competition.

First Place  Thomas County Central, Advisor Jerry Stone / 802 points

Second Place  Colquitt County High, Advisor Shawn Collins / 666 points

Third Place  C.A. Gray Junior High, Advisor Matt Howell / 660 points

Tally Sheets and Keys are posted on my portal.

Thanks,
--
W. Justin Sealy
Area Forestry Teacher