Teachers,

The Region Junior Natural Resources and Area V Forestry CDE was held yesterday at Reed Bingham State Park in Adel. Thanks to our sponsors Flatwoods SAF, Derek Herring, and CSX Transportation.

Additionally, thanks to our facilitators: Buddy Coleman, Aaron Norman, Kenny Meeks, Ricky Smith, Derek Herring, Will Warren, Steve Lynn, Kenny Vining, Jeff Fariss, Glenn Williams, Travis Ingram, Franklin Staten, Greg Mathis, Randy Folsom, Dutch McElvey, Eddie McKie, Von Peavy, Tommy Waldrop, Lynn Barber, Anthony Booth, David Berryhill, and the Cook and Brooks County Georgia Forestry Commission Office.

We had 177 students from 19 chapters competed in the JNR CDE. The top two teams from each area will represent the South Region on Saturday May 7th in Athens, Ga. at the state competition.

Area V JNR CDE

First Place - Irwin County Middle, Advisor Chris Paulk / 755 points

Second Place - C.A. Gray Junior High, Advisor Matthew Howell / 750 points

Area VI JNR CDE

First Place – Appling County High, Advisor Van Mills / 884

Second Place - Brantley County High, Advisor Chad Crews / 888 points

Fifty-five students from 5 chapters competed in the Forestry CDE. The top three teams from Area V will represent the South Region on Wednesday May 4th in Swainsboro, Ga. at the state competition.

First Place – Thomas County Central, Advisor Jerry Stone / 802 points

Second Place – Colquitt County High, Advisor Shawn Collins / 666 points

Third Place – C.A. Gray Junior High, Advisor Matt Howell / 660 points

Tally Sheets and Keys are posted on my portal.

Thanks,
--
W. Justin Sealy
Area Forestry Teacher