From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Subject: Camp John Hope Community Service Day
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Norman Gay <[log in to unmask]>

Good Morning,

As you well know, community service and service learning is a large part of
the FFA.  In an effort for students to become a part and have ownership in
the local FFA Camp, We are planning a Camp John Hope Student Community
Service Day on Friday, May 13th.  The day will start at 9:00am in the dining
hall and will end at 2:00pm.  Mr. Norman Gay, Camp John Hope Director, will
provide lunch for the students that come and help that day.  Schools are
open to bringing as many students as they would like but please provide us
with a headcount so we know how many lunches to prepare.

The day's activities will consist of trimming back shrubbery, cleaning up
grounds around the camp, planting new shrubs and trees, and other similar
events.  We need schools to please bring their own tools if possible
(shovels, rakes, pruners, etc) since we will not have enough for everyone
that attends.

Students should dress comfortable for the day but remain school
appropriate.  They may also want to bring sunscreen and bug spray.

Please register by going to the google document at this link
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDJYMEMwQWUtbXpxODJBRm5LQzh1Smc6MQ

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education

*"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary."
*