*CTAERN3250 Landscape Design, Installation, Maintenance Teacher Workshop
Details*

*Goal of the Teacher Workshop*: teach you how,  for a given site, conduct a
site analysis, draw a plan, install the plants and hardscapes (rock walls
and water features) and how to plant, mulch, prune, fertilize and provided
environmentally sound maintenance techniques to an established landscape.
The training will be hands-on and dirty.

*What To Bring: *Notebook paper, pencil/pen, camera, cooler with water,
drinks for hydration and snacks.

*What To Wear: *Work clothing (loose and cool), durable shoes, gloves,
sunscreen, hat.

*Directions to Meeting Site:
*
*Southern Crescent Tech, 501 Varsity Road , Griffin .  *
Modular unit 8-C. To get to unit: turn on Varsity drive from N. Expressway
and continue stright until you reach the back of the parking area, then turn
right and proceed to the smaller parking area infront of modulars.  From
there you can see 8-C.
Coming off of I-75.  Take Hwy 16 toward Griffin.  Go through downtown
Griffin, continuing to the intersection of hwy 16 and 19.  Veer to the
right. Pass Flynt street, Volunteer Park on left,  turn left onto Varsity
Dr..  Or... go through intersection with hwy 19 taking your 1st right onto
Spalding Drve.  Go straight, through one 4 way stop, Spalding dead ends into
Varsity, take a right.
People north of Griffin can take I-75 south to hwy 19/41 through Clayton
county.  Stay on until you reach Griffin.  The road will fork, take the
right fork, Bus. 19/41. Continue straight through light passing old shopping
center, look for Varsity Road immediately after passing Scouthern Crescent
lighted sign and fire department post.  Take a right onto Varsity Road
If you miss the turn go to Flynt Street, turn right, then right on Spalding
Drive and then left on Varsity Dr.

*Schedule
*June 21, 22, 23: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
June 24: 9 a.m. to noon

*Hotel Accommodations
*Hampton Inn
2007 N. Expressway
Griffin,GA
770-229-9900
 Nice place, about 3.2 miles north of southern crescent

Comfort Inn and Suites
1906 N. Expressway
Griffin, GA
770-229-6001
 Across from Hampton Inn.  Nice also

Both have a complimentary breakfast and are about 1.6 miles north from
restaurants.
(Applebees, O'Charleys, Chick Fil-a, Zachby's, Pizza Hut, IHop, Mexican
places,McDonalds, etc.)

*Teachers Registered to Attend
*1. Josh Allen
2. Stacey Beacham
3. Jay Borden
4. Abbey Brown
5. Sean Bryant
6. Larry Burkett
7. Chansi Coleman
8. Eve Felton
9. Michael Ferguson
10. Joe Green
11. Sharon Harper
12. Amanda Hefner
13. Hugh Lanier
14. Tom Marshall
15. Dustin O'Neal
16. Janet Robbins
17. Joshua Rogers
18. Stephanie Summerlin
19. Abby Tippens
20. Brandon Walker

If you have any questions or need additional information please give me a
call.
I look forward to working with you this summer. tlh
*
*--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education