Teachers,

Please let me remind you about this great opportunity for scholarship money for your students!!  I know most teachers & students are just counting down the days at this point of the school year, but please let me urge you to consider this for your students.  This is fun opportunity for your students to compete in areas of the beef industry while earning scholarship money!!!

Think about the students who have been on your livestock judging team, meats judging team, beef cattle show team or even students who aren't active in these activities, but have a good knowledge of beef cattle. Many local cattlemen's associations would be willing to sponsor your team.

 Please call or e-mail me or Katlin (contact info below) if you have any questions about this opportunity!

From: "Katlin Mulvaney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: March 23, 2011 3:42:47 PM EDT
To: "'Mary Bea Martin'" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 2011 GJCA Beef Industry Scholarship Challenge Flyer

Please see the attached flyer for the 2011 Beef Industry Scholarship Challenge, sponsored by the Georgia Junior Cattlemen’s Association and Georgia Cattlemen’s Association. This two-day event will be June 17-18, 2011, hosted by the University of Georgia in Athens, Ga.

With more than $10,000 of scholarship money available for winning, I strongly encourage you to promote this within your contacts and Ag teachers across the state. Teams can consist of freshman and sophomore (Junior Team) and junior and senior (Senior Team) aged students. If you or interested students have any questions please feel free to contact me at (478) 474-6560 or by e-mail.

GREAT to talk to you today!

Thanks for sharing J

Katlin Mulvaney

Georgia Cattlemen's Association

Director of Communications and Youth Activities

Office: 478-474-6560

Fax: 478-474-5732

www.gabeef.org/gca

"Come celebrate 50 years of GCA, March 31-April 2, 2011!"

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher