I know that you are finishing your last few days of school. Please read this information and pass it along to any qualified students before they leave for summer break!

Each year the Georgia Association is allotted a specific number of official voting delegates for the National FFA Convention. For the past few years, our delegate allotment has been 24. I expect that number to stay very similar again this year. The state FFA officer team will use 8 of the delegate spots. I am looking for some bright young people to fill out our delegation.

Attached is an application to serve as a Georgia delegate to the National FFA Convention. Applications are due to the State FFA Office by July 1.

Those selected to serve as Georgia Association delegates will need to be prepared to spend the entire week representing the Georgia FFA in Indianapolis. The delegates will fly to Indianapolis, on Monday, October 17, and will return to Georgia on Sunday, October 23. Delegate airline travel and lodging expenses will be covered by the Georgia FFA Association. Additionally, each delegate will receive a stipend to help offset meal costs. During their week in Indy, the delegates will serve on committees and handle the official business of the National FFA Organization. Once the general portion of the convention begins, the delegates will sit in Georgia’s seats on the delegate floor in Conseco Fieldhouse.

Preference will be given to FFA members who (beginning Fall 2012) will be high school seniors or college freshman.  If you have a bright student who has strong FFA involvement, high character and strong morals who would do a solid job representing our Association, please encourage them to apply. Past state officer candidates, current and past Area officers are strongly encouraged to apply!

Applications are due by July 1, and should be mailed to…

Ben Lastly

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science – UGA

Athens, GA 30602

If you or your student(s) have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association