From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Subject: State Market Lamb & State Goat Shows Entry Deadline July 10
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Entry Deadline State Market Lamb and Goat Shows - July 10, 2011.

That is only one month from now.

If you have not ordered ear tags yet, you still have time, but you need to do it now. Our last day to ship Lamb and Goat tags is July 1.

The order form is at:

http://georgia4h.org/livestock/2011-2012%20Tag%20Order%20Form.pdf

Second Reminder:  The Georgia National Fair will require you to use state tags on hogs.

All tags this year are the same as those used last year, so leftovers from last year can be used. Tag colors are:

Sheep -red (breeding ewes and market lambs use same tag)

Goats - yellow

Hogs - orange

Beef - green (steers and heifers use same tag)

Dairy - white

Third Reminder:

The entry website is up and running.

We reset the site each year.  You will need to create an account for your county or chapter.  As you do this please make sure your contact information is correct.  We use that to print mail labels to mail you checks.

You can enter the names and addresses on your exhibitors at any time and go back closer to the deadline to enter the animal information.  If you have a large number of exhibitors that can be helpful.

If you are having trouble with any of this please call me or e-mail me.

Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist
Rhodes Animal & Dairy Science
Athens, GA  30602