Phone: 404.657.8311
Fax: 770.344.4411
email: [log in to unmask]

----- Forwarded by John Bridges/SIA/DOE/GADOE on 06/27/2011 09:47 PM -----
"Sherry Ammen" <[log in to unmask]>

06/03/2011 12:01 PM

cc
Subject
Mail from AG ED Portal Website

Hello, Mr. Bridges,

The Georgia Alpaca Association is presenting this FREE, family friendly event at the site of the Olympic equestrian events, the Georgia International Horse Park, in Conyers, GA on November 5 & 6, 2011.  We would like to make the event known to the Georgia Young Farmers and all Georgia Farm Bureau members and are asking to consider listing The Royal Alpaca Challenge on all online/print calendars.  This sustainable farming option is most interesting and the added fiber arts demonstrations make the event quite diverse.  I have attached photos taken at last year’s show and one from the previous year for your use.  Details on the event are….

The Royal Alpaca Challenge

November 5 & 6, 2011
   Sat 9am – 5pm   Sun 9am – 4pm

FREE to the public

Georgia International Horse Park
1996 Centennial Olympic Parkway
Conyers, GA 30013  (28 miles east of Atlanta just off I-20, Exit 82)

The Georgia Alpaca Association presents this FREE, family friendly event at the site of the Olympic equestrian events, the beautiful Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers, GA on November 5 & 6, 2011.  Alpaca owners from across the US compete in the show ring for cash prizes!  Fiber arts demonstrations, vendors offering all things alpaca and a Silent Auction offering treasures for all ages make this a most exciting event.  Learn about the process that takes the alpaca fleece from the animal to the end product….those luxurious, hypoallergenic sweaters, blankets, vests, hats and more.  Learn about raising this unique, fiber animal directly from the owners.  Georgia Young Farmers, 4-H and FFA members have an opportunity to learn and put hands on this sustainable farming option.  Adults and children will delight in meeting the gentle alpacas!  www.RoyalAlpacaChallenge.com or 707-897-2379 or [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your time and consideration in getting this information to your members.  Please contact me for any additional information or photos.

Kindest regards,

Sherry Ammen
For the Georgia Alpaca Association
www.RoyalAlpacaChallenge.com