Many of you already know that Mr. David Turner is no longer working on the State Ag-Ed staff. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to Mr. Turner for the great work he has done for Georgia Agricultural Education during the past three years and wish him the best of luck in his new job for the Georgia Department of Education.

As a result of this vacancy, We will be carefully considering the best course of action in securing a replacement for the Ag-Ed curriculum coordinator position. In the short term, here are some announcements regarding these changes:

* The focus and directive from Dr. John Barge is to convert to a national career cluster model in agricultural education. This will involve some adjustments in the current curriculum. We will be taking care of these curriculum matters by having the three Region Directors along with the area teachers responsible for curriculum needs for the coming year. The goal is to have the national career cluster model in place by July 2012. Please consider helping with this effort if you are contacted by your region office to provide expert support..

* I am pleased to announce that Mrs. Alicia Tomlinson will be taking care of our technology needs for the coming year. She will be a part-time Technology Coordinator for Ag-Ed. Her responsibilities will include maintaining the web site, teacher web-portals, the Ag-Ed list-serve, and other technology related needs. She will begin next week working on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Her e-mail address is [log in to unmask] and the office phone number is  706-552-4460. Please let Alicia or your region office know if you need help with the web-portal, the list-serve, or see any website problems.

* The Curriculum Coordinator position will be posted at a later date. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested.

The work that you do is extremely important (you have the choice to be positive or negative) -- the impact that you can have to make a positive difference in the lives of your students should never be under-estimated. I am so thankful for the great work that you do!

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East