We have received a request to swap the dates for the Area CDEs in December.
Normally, I would be against making any changes like this once the calendar
has been set, but the current dates would affect a good many students as
well as their teachers because of local commitments. I also feel that
because we are still so early in the year, it would be possible to make such
a change. However, I do not in any way want to create additional conflicts,
therefore, if this will affect you negatively in any way, please let me
know.

The request is to change the Area V CDEs to Thursday, Dec. 8 and move the
Area VI CDEs to Tuesday, December 6. *Please let me know by Wednesday,
August 10 if you would be against doing this. If I don't hear from you, I
will assume that you are okay with the change*.

I realize that CDE dates within the region have changed some this year as we
have adjusted our dates to coincide with the new state CDE formats. Please
keep in mind for the future that the region calendar is usually set for the
upcoming year in May-June. If you ever have suggestions for changes, I would
encourage you to notify me or an area teacher before then.

Thanks for all you do to make a positive impact in the lives of your
students. If we can help you in any way, please let us know.

--
Lynn Barber
Georgia Department of Education