REMINDER:
Registration deadline for Area V/VI Floral Design is tomorrow --
Thursday, September 1st!!

Please read this entire email for important details regarding cost,
materials students should bring, appropriate dress, and contest setup.

Registration

*The registration deadline is September , 2011.

*All students must be pre-registered for adequate materials to be purchased.

*Student sign-in will begin at 4:00 P.M. and the CDE will begin at4:30 P.M.

Please be sure that your students are on time.

*Participants must be pre-registered using the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEIyNmFFYzRkdDIxSzdPUjh1OXNnSEE6MQ

Location

*Area V FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 27th @ Bainbridge High

*Area VI FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 29th @ Atkinson County High

Fee

*Consumable supply fee is $15.00 per student.  Fee can be paid prior to the

contest or on the day of the CDE.  All participants must have paid prior
to beginning the contest.

*Invoices will be emailed to participating schools after registration has
ended.

*The designs will be taken home by student at the end of the competition and

judges review.

Tools

*Students should bring their own tools such as scissors, wire

cutters, a small hand held dustpan for area cleanup, 5 gallon

bucket for keeping flowers,and they may want to bring an extra vase or

bouquet holder stand.

CDE Dress

*It is recommended that students either wear official dress or a chapter
shirt.

Attachments

*I have attached the revised Jr and Sr Rules.  Please review this
information

prior to practicing with your student.

*Jrs will be completing 2 designs.

*Srs will complete 1 design, a written exam and an identification quiz.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance as you work with your
students to prepare for the Floral Design Career Development Events.

Yvette

--
Yvette H. Smith
South Region Horticulture Area Teacher