Jr. and Sr. Floral Design

Location

*Area V FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 27th @ Bainbridge High

*Area VI FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 29th @ Atkinson County High

Fee

*Consumable supply fee is $15.00 per student. Fee can be paid prior to the

contest or on the day of the CDE.All participants must have paid prior

to beginning the contest.

*The designs will be taken home by student at the end of the competition and

judges review.

Registration

*The registration deadline is September 1, 2011.

*All students must be pre-registered for adequate materials to be purchased.

*Student sign-in will begin at 4:00 P.M. and the CDE will begin at 4:30 P.M.

Please be sure that your students are on time.

*Participants must be pre-registered using the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEIyNmFFYzRkdDIxSzdPUjh1OXNnSEE6MQ

Tools

*Students should bring their own tools such as scissors, wire

cutters, a small hand held dustpan for area cleanup, 5 gallon

bucket for keeping flowers, and they may want to bring an extra vase or

bouquet holder stand.

CDE Dress

*It is recommended that students either wear official dress or a chapter

shirt.

Attachments

*I have attached the revised Jr and Sr Rules. Please review this information

prior to practicing with your student.

*Jrs will be completing 2 designs.

*Srs will complete 1 design, a written exam and an identification quiz.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance as you work with your students to prepare for the Floral Design Career Development Events.

Yvette

Yvette H. Smith
South Region Horticulture Area Teacher
Georgia Agricultural Education