Many of you have been asking when the new Ag Career Network (ACN) will be launched so that you can begin your 2011-2012 chapter FFA roster. The process continues to be delayed, and we have been informed that the system will now be delayed until sometime after the National FFA Convention. As you are aware, we have a membership deadline in Georgia of October 15 (this year Oct 17, because Oct 15 is a Saturday). Like most of you, our staff believes there is a need to move ahead with FFA membership and get your students on the roster so that they can participate. For that reason, the PeopleSoft system has been reactivated for use this school year. The Georgia FFA will use the PeopleSoft system for chapter FFA rosters effective immediately. The PeopleSoft system is up and running today, so you may begin adding and renewing FFA members. We do plan to maintain the October 17, deadline for submitting online rosters and dues payment. Each chapter should plan to submit their online roster and mail their dues (or Affiliation) payment by October 17.

Please remember that your new Ag-Ed enrollment Excel form is NOT the same as your FFA roster. You should still plan to submit the Excel-based Ag-Ed enrollment form to your Region Office by the October 17, deadline as well.

A few pieces of information that may answer questions that you have....

* Chapters should use the same PeopleSoft password that you used previously in the PeopleSoft system.
* If you have never used the PeopleSoft system, please review the Step-by-Step Guide referenced below.
* If you are the advisor of a brand new FFA chapter this year, I have requested your PeopleSoft password. As soon as I have it, I will pass it along to you.
* A Step-by-Step Guide on the PeopleSoft online membership system is available by logging on www.georgiaffa.org<http://www.georgiaffa.org> and clicking on the Membership tab.
* If you are an Affiliated chapter, you should still used the PeopleSoft system and complete a roster. However, your amount due will be based on the number of members and the Affiliation Fee schedule posted on the Membership tab of the Georgia FFA website.
* When the ACN system gets up and running, you will NOT be expected to re-enter your students to the new roster system this year. The students added/renewed to your roster over the next few weeks in PeopleSoft will show up on the ACN and will be considered "active."
* When the ACN system finally goes live, you will have the opportunity to used to add/renew FFA members who join late if you choose to do so.
* The Ag Career Network is still going to be released, so all of the features that you saw and heard about this summer are on the way. The timeline has just been pushed back because the product is not ready for use.

I know that this is frustrating. Much thought has gone into this decision, and I believe it is our best option at this point in time. I appreciate your efforts and desire to get your students signed up for FFA membership. Our program continues to grow because of your incredible commitment. If you have a question or concern, I encourage you to contact me at the office (706) 552-4456 or on my mobile at (706) 410-4604.  We are here to help you. Thank you, and have a wonderful week.

Ben

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association