Teachers,

Please see the following invitation for your program to attend the Sunbelt Ag Expo.

You are extended a special invitation to the 34th anniversary of the Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition, North America’s Premier Farm Show™, on October 18 -20, 2011. The Sunbelt Ag Expo will have more than 1200 exhibitors this year with a wide range of educational exhibits that should be of great interest to your students. We will have around 200 new exhibitors this year.

To further enhance our educational focus, Expo will again have an Agricultural Information Scavenger Hunt for 2011, sponsored by Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. The form is available for download on the Expo website, www.sunbeltexpo.com.  This scavenger hunt form is comprised of 10 questions that have been provided by our exhibitors. The student must figure out which exhibitor the question came from and then visit their exhibit display in order to seek out the answer to the question. For a detailed show site map, please visit our website. On the home page, click Visitors, then Expo Map, to download a printable pdf. This map will also be included in our Official Show Guide which will be distributed at the ticket booths. At the end of their visit, teachers should return their students completed forms to the collection box at the ABAC exhibit building, located at B-7. We will award prizes after the show, including a Grand Prize of $500, to the school submitting the largest number of correctly completed forms. The winning school will be announced by November 1, 2011, and the winners will be posted on our website.

For the first time ever, the Expo is going mobile!  Available for both the iPhone and all phones with the Android Market, Sunbelt Expo’s Mobile Application will give users access to everything the Expo has to offer.  Download the “Know on the Go” App to get 24-hour access to unique, on-the-go information.  Attendees can organize their show visit, navigate using the interactive show ground maps, download exhibitor information and stay in the know with show alerts and event schedules!  The app will be available for up to six months after the show.  The free application can be downloaded by searching “Sunbelt Ag Expo” in both the App Store and Android Market.

We are looking forward to having you and your students visit the 2011 Sunbelt Ag Expo. Please contact us for free promotional materials and the Expo DVD. (Phone: 229-985-1968 or e-mail: [log in to unmask]).

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science - UGA