Several questions have arisen about the "New" Ag Sales CDE.  I am going to try and answer them at this time.

Please do not think that if you don't own a self darkening welding helmet that you cannot participate in the Sales CDE or you have to go out and purchase 4 for the cde.  The judges will be instructed to treat all helmets as if they are self-darkening types.  There will not be any points deducted if the presenter does not have an actual helmet.  If your students want to use a helmet as a prop, any type helmet will work.  Pictures of helmets will work also.

As they research the product, they can print brochures and other items that will help sell the product.

Since they are selling a Miller Self Darkening Welding Helmet, you can assume that they are working for Miller and business cards and other items can be made up to that fact.

I hope this answered the questions that have been brought up so far.  If you have more, please don't hesitate asking.  Good luck to all teams as they prepare for this cde.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher