I hope all of you are having a great week and are enjoying this cooler weather. Just a reminder that August monthly reports are due by Saturday.

It was a pleasure to visit with all of you at the area meetings last week. I encourage each of you to "strike while the iron is hot" on starting an alumni chapter if you don't already have one. Hopefully, the person you brought to the meeting came away with several good ideas for helping get an alumni started in your county.

As we stated last week, our goal is for every teacher in the South Region to meet all of the minimum standards set forth in the Program of Work. We want to help you accomplish that. If we can assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to call on us.

Thanks for all you do!
Lynn Barber
Georgia Department of Education
ABAC 34, 2802 Moore Hwy.