I just wanted to send you a reminder about the Tree ID contest at the
Georgia National Fair.  It will be held on October 11, 2011 in Heritage
Hall.  We will register starting at 10:00 am in the Roquemore Building.
 Only the teams that signed up by the deadline will be allowed to
participate.  The contest will run as a drop in from 10:00 am until 1:30 pm.
 No team member will be allowed to start after 1:30.  The senior division
will have 50 trees to identify and the juniors will have 33.  I would
strongly encourage them using a clipboard for the contest.  It will be
scored using scantrons, so correct bubbling is also very important.  They
should bring their own pencil to the contest.  *Pencils will not be
furnished *nor is there a sharpener available.  A mechanical #2 pencil seems
to work best.  If you have questions, please contact me.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher