I just wanted to send you a reminder about the Tree ID contest at the Georgia National Fair.  It will be held on October 11, 2011 in Heritage Hall.  We will register starting at 10:00 am in the Roquemore Building.  Only the teams that signed up by the deadline will be allowed to participate.  The contest will run as a drop in from 10:00 am until 1:30 pm.  No team member will be allowed to start after 1:30.  The senior division will have 50 trees to identify and the juniors will have 33.  I would strongly encourage them using a clipboard for the contest.  It will be scored using scantrons, so correct bubbling is also very important.  They should bring their own pencil to the contest.  Pencils will not be furnished nor is there a sharpener available.  A mechanical #2 pencil seems to work best.  If you have questions, please contact me.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher