Fellow Ag. Teachers,

Each of you know the feeling associated with serving as a witness to student success. Returning from the National FFA Convention, I am more motivated and excited about the success of the Georgia Agricultural Education Program than ever before.
Our students and teachers from this state are among the leaders in the nation. I was so impressed with the amount of times other people commented on how successful Georgia FFA continues to be. There was many times last week that Georgia FFA was in the "spotlight" in a positive way. This should never be taken for granted -- therefore, I want to express my sincere appreciation to the GREAT students, teachers, and Ag-Ed staff success demonstrated at the National FFA Convention. It is such an honor to be associated with such a prestigious program and so many distinguished professionals.

Additionally, I would like to express thanks to those of you that promoted and helped make the Titan Tire Auction at the Expo another great success. These funds will definitely be of tremendous value to our students and are very valuable to the Georgia FFA Foundation.

The participation from Georgia Ag-Ed programs at the Sunbelt Ag Expo each year is also very important. I know that each Young Farmer Chapter that participated in the Que-Fest and Young Farmer Event added to the success of the EXPO. Those Ag-Ed students that were given the opportunity to participate in the Sunbelt Ag. Expo surly had a great experience as well.

The State FFA Office will be sending out a new release and follow-up report reflecting the vast accomplishments at the National FFA Convention.. I encourage you to take time to look over this information and join me in congratulating all of the participants reflected in this report coming out soon from Mr. Lastly.

Please call on me at any time if I can ever help!

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East