GOATS AND GRACE

As many of you may or may not know, I am currently in the Horn of Africa working with a couple of different agricultural projects. I have been trying to think of ways to involve Georgia's FFA chapters with some of the work that is going on here in a way that would be alasting benefit to the local people, as well as create an awareness of international agriculture among your students.

The most likely possibility of getting involved is by donating to the work here. I am currently working with three different projects. The first is a backyard garden project that provides vegetable seeds for rural women and their families. The second project I am involved in provides dairy goats to rural women. They are responsible to give back the first male goat born, but after that can use the goats for additional income or for food and milk. Our newest project is to provide a buck station in the countryside with one of our American bucks so that women in our goat projects can breed their local goats to a Toggenburg buck for increased milk production.

I would like to offer FFA chapters the opportunity to donate towards these projects as a chance to increase awareness of international agriculture. For less than $10, you can provide vegetable seeds to 24 families. Approximately $40 covers the cost of purchasing one goat, including vaccinations and travel costs. Although we cannot guarantee that the money donated will go to a specific project (i.e. to purchase a goat), all money donated will go towards the furthering of the three projects mentioned above- whether that be buying a goat, buying seeds, building barns for the livestock, paying local shepherd's salaries, etc. NONE of the money given will go to pay for any American worker's salary or expenses!

It would be a great pleasure to work alongside you in helping those less fortunate around the world.

Katie Murray

A family receiving their new goats. We currently have 24 families ready to graduate the program and 12 more lined up, but can provide goats to as many families as funds are available.
This year's garden seeds included cabbage, beets, and carrots. Families that are involved in our goat beneficiary program are able to eat off of these vegetables and sell any abundance that they have.

If you want to donate to these projects, please send a check to Eddie Murray, 2616 GA HWY 37 W, Moultrie, GA 31768 and he will compile all checks into one to send to the work here. Because of security reasons, the checks can not be sent directly to me. I would love to answer any questions you have about the work here or how we can further work together to help educate students about international agriculture. You can email me at [log in to unmask] or feel free to check out my blog, www.goatsandgrace.wordpress.com,to find out more about the work here.

Sent to [log in to unmask] why did I get this?
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences
Goats and Grace 2616 GA HWY 37 W Moultrie, GA 31768
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp