Fellow teachers,

I am pleased to announce our North Region Finalists in two of our Georgia
Young Farmer Association award categories.  These finalists will now be
judged on the state level and the state winners announced at the 2012 GYFA
Convention in January.

*North Region Outstanding Chapter Award:  Gordon County, Advisor: Trish
Williams
President's Award:  Alan Mitchell, Franklin County, Advisor: Owen Thomason
*
As a reminder, a region winner is not selected for the Outstanding Member
Award or the two new Young Member Awards. Also, don't forget that
Spokesperson Award speeches are due to the State Young Farmer Office by
Friday, January 6.

I appreciate each advisor, chapter, and member who submitted award
applications this year.  These award areas are important to showcase that
the GYFA indeed provides quality leadership opportunities for our adult
learners. This year we judged 12 Chapter President applications and 10
Outstanding Chapter applications in North Region. I am very proud of this
percentage and, again, offer a very sincere "Thank You".
Have a great week and thanks for all you do,

Stan

--
Stan Mitchell
North Region Director