Fellow teachers,

I am pleased to announce our North Region Finalists in two of our Georgia Young Farmer Association award categories.  These finalists will now be judged on the state level and the state winners announced at the 2012 GYFA Convention in January.

North Region Outstanding Chapter Award:  Gordon County, Advisor: Trish Williams
President's Award:  Alan Mitchell, Franklin County, Advisor: Owen Thomason

As a reminder, a region winner is not selected for the Outstanding Member Award or the two new Young Member Awards. Also, don't forget that Spokesperson Award speeches are due to the State Young Farmer Office by Friday, January 6.

I appreciate each advisor, chapter, and member who submitted award applications this year.  These award areas are important to showcase that the GYFA indeed provides quality leadership opportunities for our adult learners. This year we judged 12 Chapter President applications and 10 Outstanding Chapter applications in North Region. I am very proud of this percentage and, again, offer a very sincere "Thank You".

Have a great week and thanks for all you do,

Stan

--
Stan Mitchell
North Region Director