The Waycross Fair Floriculture and Nursery Landscape Identification
contests were a great success. I hope that it was a beneficial experience
for you and your students as you begin preparing for the region CDEís.

A great big *THANK YOU* to Mr. Mark Deal and his students for their
assistance with providing the plant material, scoring and help in
supervising the event.  Mr. Deal is a valuable asset to all
agriculture teachers and someone that deserves a great deal of appreciation
for all he does to help provide teachers with plant material, assisting
with contests, serving on advisory committees and offering help where
needed.

We had 39 teams take part in the identification contests with over 130 FFA
members testing their plant knowledge.  It was a great experience for me to
see so much interest and students so excited about plant science!  The
contests were challenging, but the results showed just how much students
had prepared to come and participate.

Please find attached the score sheets with team rankings.
NOTE:  Floriculture (all 4 scores counted for team total)
Nursery/Landscape (top 3 scores counted for team total).  A copy of the
studentís answer sheet as well as the key will be mailed to advisors.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

Yvette

--
Yvette H. Smith
South Region Horticulture Area Teacher