The Waycross Fair Floriculture and Nursery Landscape Identification contests were a great success. I hope that it was a beneficial experience for you and your students as you begin preparing for the region CDE’s.

A great big THANK YOU to Mr. Mark Deal and his students for their assistance with providing the plant material, scoring and help in supervising the event.  Mr. Deal is a valuable asset to all agriculture teachers and someone that deserves a great deal of appreciation for all he does to help provide teachers with plant material, assisting with contests, serving on advisory committees and offering help where needed.

We had 39 teams take part in the identification contests with over 130 FFA members testing their plant knowledge.  It was a great experience for me to see so much interest and students so excited about plant science!  The contests were challenging, but the results showed just how much students had prepared to come and participate.

Please find attached the score sheets with team rankings.
NOTE:  Floriculture (all 4 scores counted for team total)  Nursery/Landscape (top 3 scores counted for team total).  A copy of the student’s answer sheet as well as the key will be mailed to advisors.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

Yvette

--

Yvette H. Smith
South Region Horticulture Area Teacher