This year I am serving as the Superintendent of the state Agricultural Communications CDE. The state Agricultural Communications CDE will be held on Saturday, February 4, at Ft. Valley State University. The top two teams per Area will qualify to advance to the state CDE. I realize that you have not had your Area level, Agricultural Communications CDE yet, but I wanted to draw your attention to a few things as you being preparing your team. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Team Make-Up
***The Ag Communications CDE is now a 3 member team!!! Please do not bring 5 students to the Area or State CDE.

Area CDE Staff Superintendents
North Region - Stan Mitchell
Central Region - Ricky Wheeler
South Region -Justin Sealy
*** For specific details concerning each Area CDE (i.e. date, time, locations, etc...), please be on the lookout for information from the  appropriate staff member. You should direct questions about the Area CDE to the gentlemen listed above. Please be sure your team is registered for the Area CDE ahead of time and that all participating students are dues paying FFA members and reported on your roster.

Format
* At each Area CDE, all students (3 per team) will take a 25-question editing quiz and a 25-question communications quiz. Those scores will be tallied to determine the top two teams in each Area. The top two teams in each Area will advance to the state CDE.
* The teams qualifying for the state CDE will be expected to prepare a Media Plan. Each team's media plan will be due via email in PDF format to me by January 15, 2012. Media plans should be built around a specific scenario. The scenario for the 2011-12 Media Plans will be by me in mid-November.
***Remember, the Media Plan only effects the teams that qualify for the state CDE.
 I just wanted to give you a heads up as you begin to prepare. The 12 of you who advance will have more work to do to prepare your Media Plan by January 15. More details about developing your Media Plan can be found in the attached Ag Communications CDE state and national guidelines. I will make available the specific scenario for the 2011-12 Media Plan by mid-November.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you for taking time to prepare a team for this important CDE. The ability to write, understand grammar and sentence structure and share an idea with others is something that young people will use for the rest of their lives. I appreciate you helping them learn to do it correctly! Keep in mind this could be a great way to collaborate with an English or Language Arts teacher at your school as well.

Ben

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association