Burpee Home Gardens® is now accepting applications for the 2012 “I Can
Grow” Youth Garden
Award<http://www.burpeehomegardens.com/icangrow/YouthGardenAward.aspx>.

In its third year, the “I Can Grow” program continues to support urban
school and community gardens in cities across the United States.

To date, the “I Can Grow” program has provided more than 8,000 vegetable
and herb plants to help create 16 gardens nationwide.
The 2012 “I Can Grow” Youth Garden Award will be presented to established
or start-up school and community gardens that demonstrate well-developed
and staffed plans for a youth-centered educational program, with an
emphasis on nutrition and food production, environmental awareness, social
responsibility and scholastic integration.

Click link above for complete article and link below for application.
Garden grant application available online; due Dec. 23,
2011<http://www.burpeehomegardens.com/icangrow/YouthGardenAward.aspx>
--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education