The state FFA Land Evaluation CDE was held on Saturday, November 12, at UGA –Tifton Campus in Tifton, Georgia. Membership has been confirmed, and the results are now considered official. Congratulations to each team, and their advisors, who earned the right to compete in the state CDE.

A special Thank You goes to Dr. Joe West and Mr. Harvey Kendrick with UGA-Tifton for their support and use of their farm for our event. We also appreciate Ms. Sherry Carlson with NRCS for her assistance in placing the official results on the CDE. I am proud to also thank Mr. Von Peavy, Mr. Sidney Bell and Mr. Kevin Jump, our Ag Mechanics Area Teachers for their great work in coordinating another top-notch CDE.

Senior Division

1st place team  - Mary Persons

2nd place team – Dawson County

3rd place team – Banks County

The top scoring senior individuals were: 1st – Ethan Boyd (Mary Persons), 2nd – Austin Kent (Mary Persons), and 3rd – Jonathan Daniel (Mary Persons).

Junior Division

1st place team – Mary Persons

2nd place team – Treutlen County

3rd place team – Bowden

The top scoring junior individuals were: 1st place – Tia Chastain (Mary Persons), 2nd – Cameron Braddy (Treutlen County) and 3rd – Caroline Waldrep (Mary Persons)

A complete set of results is attached.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary