---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Kastle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Subject: Possible good site for outdoor classroom
To: [log in to unmask]

  Jerry,******

** **

I have served as a judge in the last couple of FFA Forestry field days.
Coming from a forestry background, I understand how challenging it can be
to locate sites that have good species diversity for tree identification
field trips.  Essentially being a neighbor of the Lula, Georgia property, I
routinely volunteer my time to help monitor the health of the forest.
Because of this, I have become very familiar with the tree types. ****

** **

The number of species adjacent to the zip line course and trails are
impressive. Many of the upland hardwood species are represented as well as
some the more unusual trees for our vicinity (cucumber magnolias, alternate
leaf dogwoods & eastern hemlocks).  The bottomland hardwood and pines
species mix is limited but some of the more typical ones are present.  In
speaking with one of the owners regarding the FFA events, there is an
interest in allowing the site to be used for school field trips.  There’s
plenty of parking and a fun atmosphere for learning. If this sounds like a
good prospect, I encourage you to call Leah Watkins @ 404.527.4176 or email
her at [log in to unmask] The web page address for the business is:
www.northgeorgiacanopytours.com. Leah would enjoy speaking to you. You are
also welcome to forward this email to any educators that might have use for
this site. ****

** **

Respectfully,****

Jeff Kastle****