Important information about national FFA scholarships is below. Please review this information carefully. The FFA scholarship program is an online program with several steps. Please go through this with your high school seniors and be sure that they (and you) complete each step. The due date is not until February, but I encourage you to have your students start now and work some over the holidays on their application. With the many steps involved in this process, it will be difficult to complete if you wait until the last week to get started.

Let me know if you have questions.

Got Scholarships?  FFA Does!!

The 2012 National FFA Scholarship Application is now online at www.ffa/scholarships<http://www.ffa/scholarships>.  We've promoted the program through Making a Difference, Update and on the National FFA website. To be sure the news is reaching all your advisors, please help us by getting the word out through your state's list serv, email lists, etc.  We really appreciate your assistance in notifying the advisors in your state that the scholarship program is live.

Key Points:

Students:  To register and submit an online application, students should go to the FFA website at www.ffa.org/scholarships<http://www.ffa.org/scholarships>. The Scholarship Application, as well as a variety of Helpful Tools to assist applicants and advisors, are available.

Advisors:  FFA applications must have an advisor's electronic approval.  An email is sent to Advisors when one of their chapter member submits an application for review, but it isn't necessary to wait.  Advisors may login any time to view the status of all applicants from their chapter.  To view or approve applications, advisors go to www.ffa.org/scholarships<http://www.ffa.org/scholarships>, open the application, click the "Application" tab, then LOGIN with the following:

*         Advisor USERNAME is the chapter number (two letters, four digits - no spaces or hyphens).

*         Advisor PASSWORD is:  I_believe   (The password is case sensitive and should be entered as shown.)

PLEASE remind advisors to safeguard this information - Advisor usernames and passwords cannot be changed.

Deadlines:  Applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. EST February 15, 2012.  Required Signature Pages must be mailed through the U.S. Postal Service postmarked no later than February 22, 2012.  Please remind Advisors that FFA applicants cannot print the required Signature Page until after advisor electronic approval.  The "Print Signature Page" link will not be available after 11:59 p.m. EST on February 22, 2012.

We recommend members - high school seniors and college students - apply early.  This allows us the opportunity to respond to any technical issues they may experience.  Applying early also provides ample time for advisor approval and collection of endorsements on the signature page.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.  Please call the Scholarship Hotline at 317-802-6099 or via email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any question, comments or concerns.
Thank you.
Teri Buchholtz
Program Manager
National FFA Organization