Teachers
The Agri-Entrepreneurship award program is designed to recognize students who recognize market opportunities and develop solid business plans. Cash awards are available on the local, state and national level. Each chapter can submit up to ten applications for state judging, but must declare who their chapter winner is. All applications received for state judging will be evaluated and the top 10 in the state will be recognized on stage at the 84th Georgia FFA Convention. The top two entries from Georgia will be forwarded on for national judging.

The Agri-Entrepreneurship program is sponsored by the USDA Rural Development, and all cash awards come directly from the National FFA Foundation through that sponsorship.

Awards
* Chapter winners will each receive $150
* State Finalists (10) will each receive a certificate on stage at State Convention
* State winner will receive $250
***(if our state has more than 20 entries, we are eligible for a $100 cash award for our state runner-up)
* National Finalists (10) will each receive $1,000

Agri-Entrepreneurship applications are due to the Region office by February 15. A chapter can submit up to 10 applications, but you must declare  your chapter winner.

More information about the Agri-Entrepreneurhip award program can be found at this link. I encourage you to have your students look into this. A student does not have to already have to own or have developed a business. This award is designed to encourage students to layout a business plan and then follow through. At the link below, there are great classroom resources for you to use so that each student in class could do this project.

https://www.ffa.org/programs/awards/Agri-Entrepreneurship/Pages/default.aspx

Let me know if you have questions.
Ben

Ben Lastly