Fellow teachers,

I am pleased to announce our Central Region Finalists in two of our Georgia
Young Farmer Association award categories.  These finalists will now be
judged on the state level and the state winners announced at the 2012 GYFA
Convention in January.

*Central Region Outstanding Chapter Award:  Effingham County, Advisor: Dr.
Freddie Waltz
*

*President's Award:  Brad Rahn, Effingham County, Advisor: Dr. Freddie Waltz
*
As a reminder, a region winner is not selected for the Outstanding Member
Award or the two new Young Member Awards. Also, don't forget that
Spokesperson Award speeches are due to the State Young Farmer Office *Friday,
January 6.*

I appreciate each advisor, chapter, and member who submitted award
applications this year.  These award areas are important to showcase that
the GYFA indeed provides quality leadership opportunities for our adult
learners. I look forward to the great things ahead and thanks for all you
do,

Chris Corzine
Georgia Department of Education
PO Box 4060