Fellow teachers,

I am pleased to announce our Central Region Finalists in two of our Georgia Young Farmer Association award categories.  These finalists will now be judged on the state level and the state winners announced at the 2012 GYFA Convention in January.

Central Region Outstanding Chapter Award:  Effingham County, Advisor: Dr. Freddie Waltz

President's Award:  Brad Rahn, Effingham County, Advisor: Dr. Freddie Waltz

As a reminder, a region winner is not selected for the Outstanding Member Award or the two new Young Member Awards. Also, don't forget that Spokesperson Award speeches are due to the State Young Farmer Office Friday, January 6.

I appreciate each advisor, chapter, and member who submitted award applications this year.  These award areas are important to showcase that the GYFA indeed provides quality leadership opportunities for our adult learners. I look forward to the great things ahead and thanks for all you do,

Chris Corzine
Georgia Department of Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Dr.