This is a excerpt of an email Justin Sealy sent out to the south region teachers about proficiency awards for the upcoming year.  I thought it had some valuable information in it and wanted to pass it along.

There are 49 sponsored categories for this year. Please be aware of the following changes to the proficiency award categories:

Please remember that the proficiency award applications can be downloaded from the National FFA website https://www.ffa.org/programs/awards/proficiency/Pages/default.aspx. From the site, look on the far right under the Applications & Forms heading. You will see a Placement application, an Entrepreneurship application, and the new Agriscience Research application. Open the appropriate application type (placement, entrepreneurship, research) and you will have a drop down menu to select the specific category.

***For those of you using the AET, that system does match up with the National FFA proficiency applications, so you can download and complete each proficiency application from the AET.

A few other reminders about proficiency awards for this year…..

For proficiency award areas, descriptions, and applications, please see the National FFA website.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

(original message sent by Ben Lastly, November 2, 2011)

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher