This email is to remind you of the FFA Connect initiative and encourage you
to join and have your students join.  Encourage your students to have their
parents join.  It only takes a few minutes.  I have copied Ben's previous
email with details below.  The winning state will receive $1000.  Help
Georgia win by encouraging others to join today!

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Jump
Area Mechanics Teacher
Central Region Agricultural Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA  31030
478 825 6068 office
478 230 8344 cell
478 825 6980 fax

Teachers,****

I know that you have heard about the FFA Connect initiative that is
currently running. This may be something that you can share with your local
Alumni or parent booster group. You can also have your current students
login and CONNECT. I completed my FFA Connect login a month ago, and it
took me 5 minutes. It is easy to do.****

** **

Like any good FFA initiative, *this is a competition*…..if you click on
this link www.ffa.org/connect  you can see the FFA Connect website. Across
the top of the page you will see the Leaderboard  link. Georgia is
currently number 6 nationally in FFA Connects! We are making one more push
before the December 30 deadline. *Next week, December 12-17, will be FFA
Connect week in Georgia.* With over 31,000 FFA members and their parents,
each chapter will designate just a little time next week and push the FFA
Connect in  your local program and community, we should see Georgia at the
top of the FFA Connect Leaderboard.****

** **

The value of taking time to add Connects from former Georgia FFA members is
that our state will receive the database from the National FFA Foundation
once the program closes. We will have updated contact information for
former members who can be called on to help judge events, support the
Foundation, join your local Alumni or Young Farmer chapters, and be part of
our growing program.****

** **

For those interested and willing to help, I encourage you to take some time
next week to Connect!****

** **

Ideas for local promotion include…****

-article/ad in local paper****

-announcements at school****

-FFA members visiting local businesses and/or chamber of commerce to share
FFA Connect info****

-Promotion on local FFA Facebook pages****

-mass text messages to current and former FFA members from your chapter****

** **

There are opportunities for prizes for individuals, and $1000 to the state
with the most FFA Connects, so please consider asking your people locally
to consider logging on to FFA Connect. You can share this on Facebook or
email it out to any former students. More information about the FFA Connect
will be posted on the Georgia FFA Facebook page today.****

** **

The FFA Connect initiative ends on December 30.****

** **