The Area VI Floriculture CDE was quite an event yesterday with 17 Junior
teams and 16 Senior teams competing. Advisors, thank you for working with
your students in preparing them for this contest.

It is my goal to conduct every CDE with integrity and with the students
best interest in mind. Please express my gratitude to all of the FFA
members who participated yesterday for their cooperation, patience and
excellent conduct. The large numbers in both the junior and senior event
combined with the restrictions on space in the testing rooms made the
process of going through all the components of the CDE a lengthy challenge,
however the students took that all in stride.

Special thanks to Ms Abbie Halbig for coordinating the event at Coffee
County High School and Area Teachers Mr. Justin Sealy and Mr. Tommy Waldrop
for their assistance.

Thank you to our room monitors:
Ms. Krista Morris (SR Exam)
Mr. Ward Cole (SR Disorders)
Ms. Audrey Davis (SR Problem Solving)
Ms. Brittany Smith (SR ID)
Mr. Richard Herrin (JR ID)
Ms. Berrie Allen (JR Exam)

Pictures of all plant material, equipment, supplies, and disorders used in
the CDE will be posted on my portal soon for your review.  Attached are the
complete team and individual scores.

Congratulations to the top 2 Junior teams that advance to the State
Floriculture CDE in February:
1st place --- Appling Middle, Advisor Ricky Barnes
2nd place --- Brantley Middle, Advisor Krista Morris
High Individual -- Chris Cook, Appling Middle

Congratulations to the top 2 Senior teams that advance to the State
Floriculture CDE in February:
1st place --- Coffee Co High, Advisor Abbie Halbig
2nd place --- Camden Co High, Advisor Karyn Chester
High Individual -- Chason Lenz, Liberty County

--
Yvette H. Smith
South Region Horticulture Area Teacher