Every July at GVATA Summer Teacher's Conference, the GVATA officers
recognize outstanding members in 6 different areas. The award winners
receive a plaque, cash award (last year was $500 for some awards), and move on to compete on the National
level. Mrs. Meredith Arrington and Ms. Jessica Bowden need one nomination of who you
think would be deserving of these awards in each of the award areas
below for Area 3 and Area 4. Area 3 has had much success with the Houston County Young Farmer program being named the Southeastern Adult Program Winner and Mr. Phil Gentry receiving a lease on a new Toyota truck for 2 years.
Each nominee will have to fill out an
award application and compete against the nominees in each of the other 5
areas to be names the state winner. Award applications will be judged at the State FFA Convention
Area 4 nominations can be sent to Mrs. Arrington at [log in to unmask].
Area 3 nominations can be sent to Jessica Bowden at [log in to unmask].
For each award:
1 nomination for Area 3
and 1 nomination for Area 4
* Outstanding Young Member - not teaching more than 5 years
* Outstanding Teacher - has more than 5 years teaching experience
* Outstanding High School/ Middle School Program
* Outstanding Young Farmer/ Adult Ag Ed Program
* Teachers Turn the Key - teacher in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year teaching
* Ideas Unlimited - teacher who incorporates a unique, outstanding, successful teaching idea, method, project into their program
Central Region Ag Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030